Wednesday 23 January 2008

New Job

I have exciting (albeit by now old) news: This year I've got a job teaching at Victory Christian College! I'm teaching P-8 Indonesian, P-7 music and Year 7 science. I'm really excited, but more than that I'm absolutely terrified! I don't know how to be a "real" teacher! There's so many subjects and across so many different levels, it's difficult to get my head around it all. In reality, my load is much more narrowly focused than many of the other secondary teachers, or any primary teacher for that matter.

I always wanted to start off as a generalist teacher before being locked into a LOTE position, so this is a strange deviation from my plans. But I don't mind all that much, really. I'm just glad for the opportunity to work with one of my languages again!