Thursday 13 March 2008

In all things give thanks

I had the noblest of plans last year, plans which I was excited about, plans which were the best of plans, plans which would break the mould of my recent life. I thought they were plans God wanted for me (and in part they were). As it turned out, those plans were taken away by other unforeseen happenings.

I often think wistfully about those lost plans. In the strain of everyday life, I find myself wanting to be living out that alternate plan instead of being where I am. It's particularly hard when I watch my friends living those dreams while I am denied them.

In reality, these blessings were not thrown away, but simply exchanged for greater ones. God's plans are always bigger than our plans (Isaiah 55:8-9). These plans are harder to live out, but they are good. I am truly thankful, and I need to remember to be (1 Thess 5:18).

1 comment:

Achi Myachi said...

now Im wondering if I'm living your dream... :P