Monday 5 January 2009

A new year, a new look

At the dawn (or at least early morning) of 2009, I return to my very neglected blog with much news to share. It is a year of many new beginnings and many exciting developments, some of which are well-known by now and others which I may reveal later. To reflect all this newness, I thought a fresh new colour would suit (although blue is perhaps not that far removed from blue afterall...).

Let me bring you up to speed. The last you heard of me, I was whinging about yet another self-inflicted work load. I was on the verge of report writing, final exams and end of year routine. In short, it was even worse than I thought it would be due to many unforseen interuptions (not all of which were unpleasant!). But I made it through, surviving my 'first year out' and completing all study for good (or at least until a future lapse of judgement).

Much more importantly, I've finally traded in my boyfriend for a fiancé after the most romantic proposal of all time on November 22. Stoz and I will be getting married on the 19th of September! Yay :) Keep up to date with the new countdown on the sidebar.

So, 2009 sees me teaching Indonesian, Music, Maths and Humanities, and planning a wedding on the side. This will certainly be a very interesting year!

2 comments:

Stoz said...

256 Days to go.... not that I'm counting. ;-)

Susan Barnes said...

Nice to see you here, I thought you'd given up and gone to Facebook forever!

I never did hear the details of the proposal, my sources are letting me down!

I did hear you are having a party on Saturday, hope it goes well.