Saturday 4 July 2009

I am a hoarder

I admit it, I confess. I am a hoarder.

These holidays I have squandered my precious planning time trying to clean up a little and get organised for the big move in September. I have lived in this house my entire life, and to say I have a lot of stuff would definitely be an understatement. The worst part is that none of it is neatly catalogued or stored in any kind of organised manner. Due to (real or imagined) time constraints in my lifestyle, I've developed a nasty habit of piling things somewhere quick to hand, where I will (never) get around to sorting them later. I also add new things to my 'collection' without ever throwing away what they're intended to replace. Children's books, school work, old notes from friends, potentially useful tidbits, and ancient clothes that still fit (so why would you part with them?)...

Something tells me the sewing/guest room may not become a fully workable space for some time after I move out.

1 comment:

Stoz said...

I'm sure you're doing pretty good. I remember trying to move myself and it was disastrous.