Monday 19 March 2007

Fourth week falling behind

This week has the potential to be depressing, or at least stressful. The pressure is building, and you find yourself doing a double-take, asking "Are we really in fourth week already?!" (Particularly when your course has an intensive 10 weeks of classes to allow for a 3 week practicum.)

Some fall behind in their readings and/or assignments (that'd be me).

Others fall behind in their immune system and contract the early-semester cold (Dr. Steff's diagnosis). Ever organised, I got in early on mine, and contracted it in week 2.

Others still fall behind in healthy lifestyle regimes (me again).

Perhaps there are those who fall behind in social matters, too.

Amid all this falling behind, I am reminded that we are all called to run our own race. The important thing is that we finish - not that seven other people are gracefully and athletically racing around the track in front of you while you labour and pant far from the finish line, feeling like a massive unathletic lump (trust me, I know what THAT feels like!).

So my advice this week?
1. Keep at it! Don't give up!
2. Keep a track of the positives along the way - as least you can run in this race!
3. Make sure you don't let the important things in life 'fall behind'...

5 comments:

Achi Myachi said...

Prayer, Perseverence and Positives = the three P's!

And I have a cold :(

Stoz said...

And P Plates
With a car they'll get you (almost) anywhere.

Achi Myachi said...

Haha.. should I comment?

Yeah ok I will

because I love it that I can

I HAVE NO P PLATES AND I HAVENT SINCE I WAS 19 BECAUSE IM FROM THE BETTER STATE!!

Steff said...

I would argue that the better state is the one that only allows mature and responsible drivers on the roads... or maybe we just actually have real roads to drive on here :P

Trav said...

...the better state is the one that only allows mature and responsible drivers on the roads

...i wonder about that coz they've never stopped me driving yet.