Monday 5 March 2007

Second week determination

The second week for returning students often begins with an idealistic determination: I will do things better this year/semester! I will stay on top of my readings and assignments, eat better, get more sleep and exercise, improve my grades, etc.

Tips to maintain the determination:
1. Set yourself realistic expectations and goals.
2. Reward yourself when you achieve them
3. Grandma's rule: make sure you don't reward yourself until AFTER you've achieved them!
4. Keep perspective.

5 comments:

Achi Myachi said...

will we have one of these each week??

Steff said...

That was the plan, but we'll see how we go once the second week determination wears off...

Trav said...

My tip for second week determination is not calculate the number of weeks/days/classes you have to go until a) easter break or b) end of semester

Steff said...

Interesting, because that works for me. I need to be aware of how little time I have left before deadlines.

Jonny said...

Good post. Identify with all of it atm. I need to keep the determination going....