Monday 13 August 2007

The volvo will win

Nearly had a bingle today. I was driving my friends to the Osborne Street campus, so I had a full car (a rarity indeed) and I was driving on semi-unfamiliar road, so I was being extra cautious (if you know me at all, that means a lot cautious). Approaching a roundabout I slowed and checked for traffic before preceding to enter it. I kept my eye on a car approaching rather fast from the left... in fact, she didn't stop! I was more than half way through the roundabout when she entered hard and fast, very nearly collecting my car. Fortunately, I don't trust anyone on the road and so I was already breaking. We stopped within inches of each other. Poor frazzled woman was probably running late for work.

My advice for L-platers (and all drivers, really): Drive as if everybody else on the road were driving with their eyes shut!

5 comments:

Susan Barnes said...

I don't trust anyone on the road either. Sometimes though other drivers get impatient with me for being too slow.

Rachel said...

that's good advice! Glad the volvo didn't get cleaned up :)

Stoz said...

I don't think a new fangled plastic car with it's crumple zones has any chance of cleaning up the Volvo.

Achi Myachi said...

I saw the whole thing!

I dont know how you could miss the stretch limo!

Trav said...

I normally am driving with my eyes shut. good plan.