Wednesday 21 February 2007

Remake

How often are old songs 'redone'... and how often are they quite different to the original artist's intentions?

Last week, my banana tumble was remade into a delicious trifle (with a hint of banana). It wasn't my original intention for the cake and the whole fiasco was a bit of a disappointment, but in the end we still had something nice to eat.

Often in life things go completely the wrong way, and we can become quite distraught sitting amongst the rubble of our shattered dreams. I know I've felt this in much more significant circumstances than just a silly cake. But if God can remake something beautiful out of us - broken sinners far from His original intentions that we are - shouldn't we also share with Him in this creative flair? I'm sure that we can make something good (but different) out of what's gone bad for us.

Do you have a remake story?

When life goes pear-shaped, make pear-strudel!

2 comments:

Achi Myachi said...

I have many remake stories. It's often when we're broken, God moves in our lives (that's not to suggest he doesn't when we're not broken)

There's a verse somewhere, when I find it I'll be back!

Steff said...

I was kinda hoping people would share specific stories ;-)