Friday 9 February 2007

Snakes On A Plane

The photo just about says it all: I took snakes on a plane (purely so I could blog about it). For those of you who are unaware, Snakes On A Plane is a humorously titled action movie I've never seen (but which I've heard is quite bad), starring Samuel L Jackson and having a somewhat lacking plot involving an assassin, a witness in protective custody, a crate of snakes and an overseas plane trip. Fill in the blanks. The slightly dopey look can be explained by my getting up at 3am to catch this flight!

So yes, I got to fly to Brisbane last weekend to visit my grandma in Warwick (and some other relatives too). It was a very short trip, but long overdue (four years overdue, in fact). For those of you operating under the common misconception that QLD = holiday, I regret to inform you that this was not actually a holiday per se. (By my definition, for a trip to be a holiday, you must spend more days at the destination than days you spend [part of] travelling to the destination, the exception of course being travelling holidays, and/or the trip should have no other motives than simply to relax). But it was still nice :)

For those of you wondering what it's like to fly, here's some more photo's taken out of the plane window! (And yes, you're allowed to do that.) The first one is a picture of some hilltops poking through the clouds. Beautiful, isn't it? The second photo was for Dad - he was so excited that we were on a 'new' plane, and wanted a photo of the special, curved wings. Sorry there's no coastal pictures (electronic devices can't be used during descent).

3 comments:

Achi Myachi said...

wow that photo of you and the snakes on a plane made me laugh (much needed). Everyone seems to be flying somewhere recently, Cara, you, Luke, Rach, Rob, Charles. I miss flying! I got the wonderful pleasure of picking Cara up off a plane.. All those shiny things outside I couldn't touch!!!! aggghhh. Flying is cool. I don't know where I'm going with this comment. But hope it was alright.
Sammy

Stoz said...

Wow, those are really great photos.

I've never been on a plane, so it's always fascinating for me to see the clouds from the 'other' side.

Luke Webb said...

SNAKES ON A PLANE - I love it!!!

I think that a video of you eating the snakes on a plane would have been far more interesting than the silly movie (which I still haven't seen, and dont think I ever will coz I will point out all of the technical errors :P)