Thursday 5 April 2007

Sixth week "No, I'm not on holidays!"

Hey perhaps-faithful readers! For those of you who are not all that cynical and distrusting, and hence failed to pick up an important point, I shall enlighten you now: The date of my last post was critically important...

Yes, April Fools! I'm actually surprised nobody seemed to notice. So yes, my blog is staying (for awhile longer at least). I think perhaps the convincingness of my post came from the truths that it actually contained - they were all true reasons I've been tempted to give up! Thanks to everyone who commented - made me feel valued :) Kudos to Stoz for picking it up.


So anyway, here we find ourselves in sixth week, and this I have dubbed the week of saying "No, I'm not on holidays!" I seem to find myself answering this question almost every day this week. Just because all primary and secondary schools kids are presently loitering in the streets, hanging out in holidays programs, and just generally being everywhere, does not mean that uni's are automatically "off" for the week too. Us hard workers are slogging it out to the end of the week (which incidentally happens to be today anyway).

5 comments:

Achi Myachi said...

I KNEW IT!
I actually did think that at first, but then there were truths and I was like, awwww no Steff!!

So glad to have you back, I can calm down now :)

Umm.. what are holidays? Apparently I'm on them next week... I don't know what they are!

Achi Myachi said...

I have come to the realisation that the time of your post was after 12pm.. tsk tsk

Steff said...

Yes, I realised that too, but it's cybertime after all. I don't think you can really hold someone to time when it's an asynchronous message-posting system :P

(Also, I'd like to see where that 'rule' is officially stated anyway? It seems to me that it's a bit of a hit-and-miss; some do it some don't.)

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! you got me good and proper! lol

Susan Barnes said...

Got me too!

Though I still think you should get a counter :)

http://www.statcounter.com