Monday 7 May 2007

Practicum 3 - What will it be?

Today marks the commencement of another three week school placement - Practicum 3 (previously known as Practicum 3A until the recent invention of MSTIE). I'm always nervous about starting a new prac, one because it's a LOT of hard work, and two because it's like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get (sometimes simply divine and other times just the peanuts with all the chocolate already sucked off!).

I visited last week and got the 'bad vibes.' I had to remind myself this morning that I don't even believe in vibes as I headed off to school for the first real day. I'm at Maiden Gully Primary School, which is actually turning out to be a nice little school with friendly staff, and my Prep/1 class are beautiful. So far.

Anyway, you probably won't hear a lot from me for the next three weeks. Here's hoping prac stays positive once I start actually teaching!

Peace out.

No comments: