Friday 1 June 2007

Tenth week "It's almost over!"

Sorry I'm a little late publishing the final semester post: week ten. For me, this week has been a great feeling of "it's almost over." Prac is over (which was a very educational and even enjoyable experience), exams are looming, and there is a lot of catch-up. How frustrating when you just can't be productive!

As I contemplate the end of the semester, I wonder...
1. How much of our present-focus is stolen by us wishing away things, holding out for the end of something without enjoying the journey there, and making ourselves useful along the way?
2. How many of us are tempted to just give up, when we are so close to the finishing line? Earlier in the semester, I talked about persevering in the race.

Faithful readers, do you relate to either of these?

1 comment:

Achi Myachi said...

Ive had a strange week. I've wanted to give up in a different sense. I've wanted to still be a teacher, but give up on everything else.. if that makes sense